Ninja Bread Men
by Jul 19th, 2012 // Desserts
Ninja Bread Men
A few months ago my kid started taking Tae Kwon Do lessons. Shortly thereafter, the newly minted ninja suckered me into buying these ridiculously cute Fred & Friends Cookie Cutters. How could I resist when the box says “They’re cut out for action!”
My little potty trainer wanted in on the action as well. We took the recipe right off the box, modifying it slightly to add some whole wheat flour and also ensure that our gingerbread wouldn’t be too spicy.
Waiting long enough for the dough to properly chill was the hardest part. Is it ready yet? Now? Can we make them? Please? How ’bout now? It’s been forevvvvver! Yes! Ok. Now. My big kid rolled out the dough and the naked little chef cut out the ninjas.
These super stealthy cookies disappeared in no time.
Ninja Bread Men Recipe
modified from the back of the Fred & Friends Cookie Cutters box
Prep Time: 1 hour Cooking Time: 8 to 10 mins
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 t ground ginger
1 t cinnamon
pinch of salt
3/4 cup molasses
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and sift together flours, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Cream together butter, spices and salt.
3. Add egg, mix again and then add flour mixture a little at a time until all blended.
4. Chill for at least 1 hour.
5. Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut out ninjas. Transfer ninjas to a greased or lined cookie sheet. Repeat.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes and cool on a rack. Eat!
You might also like...